The Benefits of Massage
Massage/ body work is the palpitation of soft tissue, muscle, and fascia and it has been around for thousands of years. Ancient people used bodywork as a means to keep them well spiritually and physically.
Massage has countless physical, mental, and spiritual benefits. Here are just a few:
- lowered BP
- chronic and acute pain management
- relief of tension in muscles
- release of adhesions in tissue
- migraine, shoulders, neck, and back relief
- aides in pain management in fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, arthritis, joint, tendon, muscle and bone injuries
- helps regulate circadian rhythm
- psychological benefits
- increase in circulation and lymph
There are numerous types of massage or body work to fit whatever ailment you may be experiencing. Any massage is extremely beneficial to your overall wellness due to increased circulation and lymph. It is within your blood flow that your cells, tissues and organs are nourished and your cellular waste is expelled. With increased blood flow, there is an increase in oxygen to cells, tissues, muscles, and organs. This is vital to nutrient absorbent and to help accelerate metabolic waste removal. In addition to the relaxing aspect of massage, it is also very beneficial physically and biologically to your overall wellness and homeostasis.
I can offer a massage that is tailored to meet the needs of you and/or your family members including, prenatal, deep tissue, infant, and child.