DIY Detox Essential Oil Bath Salt
NOTE: It is vitally important to use oils that are pure. If you have not read The Real Dangers of Fake Essential Oils, please do so before buying oils for this recipe.
The term 'detox' is used to describe elimination of excess wastes from the body. Although the body detoxifies itself regularly, in today’s world our bodies are being overtaxed by pollution, , an abundance of food additives, GMO food, and many other things that can cause diseases. All this considering, it certainly is a good idea to naturally detox. You can assist your body in eliminating toxins in many ways including tea, tinctures, and essential oils.
Several essential oils have detoxifying qualities that promote proper flow of blood and lymph in the body, preventing stagnation and accumulation of toxins. In addition, many of these essential oils boost the immune system, help clear skin, and reduce fluid retention.
Preparing a bath salt for detoxification can be especially beneficial as they have their own detox properties. Epsom and Himalayan salts produce negative ions draw out impurities. Bath salts are rich in magnesium and other minerals. Magnesium helps the body in the elimination of toxins and other impurities.
What you need:
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- ½ cup fine grain Himalayan salt
- 4 drops rosemary oil
- 3 drops lemon oil
- 3 drops cypress oil
- 3 drops juniper berry oil
- 3 drops lemongrass oil
- Large bowl & whisk
- In a large bowl, combine salts.
- Add drops of essential oil.
- Thoroughly mix everything together. Use a whisk or a gloved hand.
- To use, add it to a warm bath and stir it with your hand. Soak for as long as you want! If you have sensitive skin or want a gentler detox, add ½ of the recipe above instead of it all.