Lemon Balm Lavender Lemonade
The beauty of this recipe is that it not only tastes delicious, but it is good for your mind and body. Both the lemon balm and lavender have wonderful calming properties, and the raw honey is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, promotes better blood sugar control, is antioxidant, improved HDL cholesterol, and boosts immunity.
- 6 medium/large lemons, for both the zest and the juice
- 1/4 cup of dried lemon balm
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1/2 cup (for tart) – 1 cup (for sweet) of raw honey
- 8 cups of water
- Use water and a few drops of lemon essential oil to clean and remove any wax coating from store bought lemons.
- In a large pot, add the lemon zest of 6 lemons, 1/4 cups of dried lemon balm, 1 tablespoon of dried lavender, and 6 cups of water. Bring this JUST to a boil, and then turn off the heat. Let the mixture infuse: cover and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Next, add the honey, then stir and let it cool for another 15 minutes.
- After adding the honey to the infusion, squeeze the lemons for their juice into another container or bowl. Don’t worry about picking out the seeds, since we will be training it.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice of 6 lemons to the lemon balm infusion. Stir well.
- Strain your mix with a mesh strainer and pour it in a glass pitcher.
- Let it cool in the fridge.
- Give it a stir, pour in a cup full of ice and enjoy.