The herbal combination of Colic Care provides immediate relief and is useful for colic, reflux and other digestive complaints including indigestion, nausea, heartburn and gas. These same herbs have long been relied on by herbalists and mothers over the centuries to help soothe babies and help alleviate the pain and discomfort of teething as it is an effective pain-reliever and anti-inflammatory, while promoting relaxation and peaceful sleep.
Our colic and teething tincture is an alcohol extracted tincture, and for good reason.
- Glycerin tinctures aren’t as potent or effective as an alcohol tincture. Alcohol works to penetrate the cell structure of the plant material, effectively extracting the constituents, where glycerine does a poor job of this, particularly when it comes to some plant species. Also, our cold extraction process, as opposed to a heat extraction process, helps maintain the full spectrum of the plant's constituents in the final product. When used as an extraction method, organic grain alcohol increases absorption without affecting blood sugar levels.
- A glycerin tincture is never a good thing when using it for anything tooth related. Glycerin coats the teeth like a wax and prevents remineralization and is not an effective choice for any treatment of oral conditions.
- Alcohol tinctures work faster and more effectively because they are absorbed in the mouth and stomach and bypass the slower intestinal system.
- Alcohol extracted tincture have a naturally longer are more shelf stable and have an extended shelf life.
Via Mother's Milk
Mother should take 2-3 squeezes directly in mouth or in water for taste, as needed prior to nursing.
Via Bottle or Cup
Younger than 3 months -- 2 drops
3 to 6 months -- 3 drops
6 to 9 months -- 4 drops
9 to 12 months -- 5 drops
12 to 18 months -- 7 drops
18 to 24 months -- 8 drops
2 to 3 years -- 10 drops
Apply a drop to sore area of the mouth.
We use only the highest quality herbs that are certified organic, holistically wild crafted, and never irradiated or sprayed with pesticides. Our cold extraction process, as opposed to a heat extraction process, helps maintain the full spectrum of the plant's constituents in the final product. Our herbs are tinctured in organic alcohol and fresh mountain water (free from harsh chemicals and fluoride treatments). This combination acts as a medicinal strength and holistically balanced carrier, bringing the needed remedy straight to the blood stream to work fast and effectively. Tinctures are absorbed in the mouth and stomach and bypass the slower intestinal system which may or may not absorb the needed constituents of capsules. We hand make these wonderful herbal preparations in small batches. Tinctures are poured off into dark glass bottles creating a great product with an optimally long shelf life.
- Organic - Peppermint, Fennel, Catnip, Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Lavender, Bach Five Flower Remedy; steeped in organic grain alcohol
- Via Mother's Milk: 2-3 squeezes as needed prior to nursing. Via Bottle or Cup: Following dosage chart, add to milk as needed. Apply 1 drop to gums for teething.
- Specific Precautions:
- Note: this product may increase breastmilk production in some nursing mothers due to the Fennel content. Check with your doctor if you are pregnant.