Elderberry Syrup DIY Kit
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
Lg. Kit makes approximately 32 oz of syrup. Sm Kit makes approximately 16 oz. Recipe card with cooking instructions for both Instant Pot / pressure cooker, and stovetop methods are included.
We have created our Elderberry Syrup DIY Kit for those of you who are looking for an alternative to supercharging your immune system with Elderberry Tincture. It is a great alternative to our more powerful Elderberry Tincture, and can be used in the same way, both for prevention and for recovery. Elderberry syrup should be prepare and taken on a daily basis during flu season, but for other times of the year, you will want this DIY Elderberry Syrup Kit to be on hand just in cast someone in your house get's sick. You'll be able to quickly make your own herbal syrup that's proven to shorten the life-span of a cold or flu. If you've never made an herbal before, this kit makes it easy with step by step instructions and pre-measured herbs. You can do it, I promise!
Key Benefits: Cold & Flu, Respiratory
And did you know that Elderberry isn't just good for the cold and flu season? It has also been shown to be effective in alleviating symptoms of sinus pain, back and leg pain, sciatica, nerve pain, and chronic fatigue syndrome, as well as seasonal allergies.
This kit contains all of the herbs you need to make your own healthy Organic Elderberry Syrup at home. All you'll need is water and your own local honey.
Alternatively, this kit can be used to make a delicious elderberry herbal tea, using a teaspoon per cup.
Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Method
- Add all ingredients from the Elderberry Syrup DIY Kit, and the water to the inner liner of the pressure cooker.
- Place lid on and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook (or Manual) button or dial and then the +/- button or dial and select 15 minutes.
- When the cook cycle finishes, turn off the pot so it doesn't go to the Warming setting, and let the pressure release naturally.
- Open the lid and take out the inner pot and strain the liquid into a glass bowl to cool, applying enough pressure to get all of the goodies out of the herb mixture.
- Optional Step: Turn on the Sauté setting to the LOW temperature. Let the syrup simmer and reduce for 5 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness is achieved (We personally do not reduce ours, but it may be desired if you will be using your end product for waffles and pancakes).
- Let cool and add the honey(use maple syrup for children under 1 year of age) and whisk until fully incorporated (if you add the honey to hot syrup, it will kill off the good properties of the raw honey).
- Taste and add more honey if you like it sweeter, or add a little lemon juice if you like it tart.
- Transfer the elderberry syrup to a bottle or mason jar with a lid and refrigerate for up to 2 months.
- Add all ingredients from the Elderberry Syrup DIY Kit, and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Mash the berries while still in the pan, then strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, applying some pressure to get all the goodies out of the herb mix.
- Let the mixture cool, then whisk in the honey until dissolved.
- Taste and add more honey (use maple syrup for children under 1 year of age) if you like it sweeter, or add a little lemon juice if you like it tart.
- Transfer the elderberry syrup to a bottle or mason jar with a lid and refrigerate for up to 2 months
Standard dosage: Adults: 2 tsp. up to 3 times per day, Children: 1 tsp. up to 3 times per day.
Kit shelf life: dried herbs will keep for 1-3 years when kept in a glass jar, preferably in a cool dark location.
We use only the highest quality herbs that are certified organic, holistically wild crafted, and never irradiated or sprayed with pesticides. Our cold extraction process, as opposed to a heat extraction process, helps maintain the full spectrum of the plant's constituents in the final product. Our herbs are tinctured in organic alcohol and fresh mountain water (free from harsh chemicals and fluoride treatments). This combination acts as a medicinal strength and holistically balanced carrier, bringing the needed remedy straight to the blood stream to work fast and effectively. Tinctures are absorbed in the mouth and stomach and bypass the slower intestinal system which may or may not absorb the needed constituents of capsules. We hand make these wonderful herbal preparations in small batches. Tinctures are poured off into dark glass bottles creating a great product with an optimally long shelf life.
Organic: Elderberries, Rose Hips, Cinnamon, Coves, and Ginger
We had some fun making this and it really is delicious. I will definitely purchase it again when it is back in stock, but I still prefer the tincture for everyday use. It’s just easier. Plus I heard that it’s more effective.
We had a lot of fun using this kit. I guess I didn't realize though that elderberry syrup isn't that thick and it is a pain because it has to be refrigerated and used within a certain time. I am sticking with your tincture. It is a lot easier and a lot more cost effective.