Traditional Herbal Uses: Geranium essential oil has been traditionally used with female reproductive disorders, menstrual cramp, infertility, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome, menopausal symptoms, circulatory disorders, Raynaud's disease, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, neuralgia, nervous skin disorders, depression, fatigue, emotional crisis, stress-related conditions
May Be Substituted With: Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Rose, or Bergamot
Methods: Aromatically, internally short term and ONLY as directed by an aromatherapist, topically. (see safety profile tab)
Comments from GC/MS report: Beautiful light, green-rosy odor profile. Meets 14 of 15 ISO standards for Bourbon type Geranium oil.
- Botanical Name:
- Pelargonium x asperum
- Country of Origin:
- Extraction Method:
- Steam distilled from leaves
- Fresh, herbaceous, lemony, minty, rosy, sweet
- Blends Well With:
- Bergamot, Cedarwood, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Rose, Sandalwood
- We recommend a dilution of 5% for topical application.
- If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use undiluted on skin. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use internally, unless directed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
- Specific Precautions:
- None known
- Pregnancy Safe:
- Child Safe: