A must-have essential oil for any collection! Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and diverse oils in existence. With a soft, floral, fresh aroma, lavender is gentle, yet effective enough for nurturing tender areas through a challenging recovery process. Many studies show lavender’s main components, linalool and linalyl acetate, to have a restoring influence on the body, heart, and mind. Lavender also has a special affinity for the skin. Our lavender essential oil is steam distilled from flowers grown in cascading purple fields in the French countryside.
- Helps with anxiety and emotional stress
- Aids in healing of burns and wounds
- Induce sleep
- Skin complexion and acne
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Insect repellent
Additionally, lavender is used with abdominal cramps, abscesses, acne, allergies, antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, arthritis, asthma, athlete’s foot, bee stings, boils, bronchitis, bruises, burns, cold sores, colic, cystitis, dandruff, depression, dermatitis, dysmenorrhea, dyspepsia, earache, eczema, flatulence, flu, gallstones, halitosis, hay fever, headache, high blood pressure, hypertension, inflammation, insect bites, insomnia, laryngitis, lice, lymph congestion, menopause, migraine, muscle ache and pain, nausea, rheumatism, ringworm, scabies, sciatica, shock, sores, sprains, stress, stretch marks, sunburn, tachycardia, thrush, vertigo, water retention, and whooping cough.
- Dilute in a lotion or carrier oil for an “after sun” skin moisturizer.
- Dilute and massage into neck and shoulders to relieve tension and soreness.
- Help soothe a migraine by combining 1 tsp carrier oil and 1 drop lavender and massage into your neck and shoulders for a quick relief for some, and to help to ease the mind and clear the senses.
- Use two to three drops per 100ml water in a diffuser for a relaxing atmosphere and to deliver constituents to the body.
- Diffuse before bedtime to prepare for a good night's rest.
- Inhale directly from the bottle, or use in an aromatherapy inhaler stick to help calm the mind and body.
- 100% Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) Essential Oil
- Topical Use:
- Dilute to 5% (10 drops per 10 ml or 2 tsp) of carrier oil
- YES *
- YES *
- YES *
- * See tab above