Traditional Herbal Uses: Lemon essential oil has been used historically for oily skin, acne, dull complexion, minor grazes and cuts, warts, depression, memory, infection, colds and flu, stops the spread of infection, detoxifying, lymphatic drainage, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, digestive acidity, asthma, cold sores, high blood pressure, migraine, indigestion, circulatory system, varicose veins
May Be Substituted With: Bergamot, grapefruit, lemongrass, mandarin
Methods: Aromatically, internally short term and ONLY as directed by an aromatherapist, topically. (see safety profile tab)
Comments from GC/MS report: A remarkably fresh oil with no hint of oxidation. All 13 key constituents conform to the ISO standard for US Coast type Lemon oil.
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus x limon
- Country of Origin:
- United States
- Extraction Method:
- Cold pressed from fruit peel
- Citrus, fresh, fruity, lemony, sweet
- Blends Well With:
- Eucalyptus, Fennel, Geranium, Peppermint, Juniper, Lavender, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Vetiver, Carrot Seed, Sandalwood, Petitgrain
- We recommend a dilution of 2% for topical application.
- If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use undiluted on skin. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use internally, unless directed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
- Specific Precautions:
- Lemon essential oil can be photosensitive, follow dilution guidelines.
- Pregnancy Safe:
- Child Safe: