Traditional Herbal Uses: Sandalwood essential oil has historically been used with insomnia, stress, uterine spasms, depression, anxiety, scarring, coughs, swelling
Methods: Aromatically, internally short term and ONLY as directed by an aromatherapist, topically. (see safety profile tab)
Comments from GC/MS report: Beautiful milky-sweet, precious wood odor quality. All seven key ISO constituents are within range.
- Botanical Name:
- Santalum spicatum
- Country of Origin:
- Extraction Method:
- Steam distilled from wood
- Woody, smooth, rich, earthy, nutty, sweet
- Blends Well With:
- Bergamot, Cedarwood, Copaiba, Coriander, Geranium, Lemon, Mandarin, Myrrh, Neroli, Nutmeg, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Absolute, Vetiver
- We recommend a dilution of 3% for topical application.
- If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use undiluted on skin. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use internally, unless directed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
- Specific Precautions:
- None known
- Pregnancy Safe:
- Child Safe: