Traditional Herbal Uses: Clary Sage has historically been used for menstrual problems, inflammation, menstrual cramp, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome, menopausal problems, hot flashes, muscular aches and pains, muscular fatigue, muscular spasm, excessive perspiration, labor pains, sore throat, headaches, loss of concentration, memory, insomnia, nervousness, depression, anxiety stress, psychological stress
May Be Substituted With: Nutmeg, Sage
Methods: Aromatically, internally short term and ONLY as directed by an aromatherapist, topically. (see safety profile tab)
Comments from GC/MS report: Beautiful musky-sweet-herbal odor profile. All five AFNOR standards are within range.
- Botanical Name:
- Salvia sclarea
- Country of Origin:
- Extraction Method:
- Steam distilled from leaves and flowers
- Balsamic, Floral, fruity, herbaceous, sweet, warm
- Blends Well With:
- Bergamot, Lemon, Grapefruit, Orange, Cedarwood, Cypress, Juniper, Lavender, Geranium, Sandalwood
- We recommend a dilution of 5% for topical application.
- If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. Do not use undiluted on skin. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use internally, unless directed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
- Specific Precautions:
- Avoid during pregnancy. Okay during labor.
- Pregnancy Safe:
- Child Safe: